Friday, February 27, 2015

new theory

A NEW CONSPIRACY THEORY
I just thought of a new conspiracy theory. Today I went to Office depot to see about a computer I had bought there. To make a long story short, I was very dissatisfied with the outcome. So much so that I decided to complain to the Better Business Bureau.
Much to my surprise, whenever I tried to submit a complaint I was redirected to some place in the Caribbean. I thought this was odd. But when I tried to complain on other sites I had more frustrating experiences. For example, one site would not let me register a compliant unless I downloaded Chrome and made it my default browser! Other sites tried to get me to pay to file a complaint after I had gone to the trouble to fill out the form. Several complaint sites were very slow to load or wouldn’t load at all.
Googling for places to complain often resulted in various glitches, long waits, or redirections to some site that tred to sell me something.
This got me to thinking: What if search sites like Google were being paid to frustrate people who wanted to complain or demand refunds, or just ask bothersome questions? What if companies in general were involved in a concerted program to frustrate bothersome customers by limiting their access to the net, or otherwise making it more trouble than it is worth to proceed. When you think about it, these companies could be saving millions by avoiding having to deal with complaints.
As everyone knows a retail sales company has no interest in the customer once he has paid his money and left the store. From that point on he is nothing but a advertising target. There is no profit in repairs and returns.
Could this be the reason that there re so many horrible “customer service” departments. And why it is so hard to talk to a human. much less one that has any knowledge? Or one who has the authority to make decisions?
I have always thought it was because the companies don’t want to pay enough to get knowledgeable or competent employees. But what if it is the result of a deliberate policy?
If it is, then many companies have to be in collusion for it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment